Thursday, December 07, 2006

of mice and men and the hats we wear.


took Maddy on our monthly trip to disneyland to give Brenda and baby a break.







the matterhorn was being renovated.










Madison's favorite ride at Disneyland is the teacup ride.








Her next favorite ride is "It's a small world"








The inside of "It's a small world" was revamped for Christmas.







Asian dolls representin'







I took this picture surreptitiously while in line. The family on the left is wearing what I call, The Blast Shield Hat. Sometimes I call it the Stormtrooper Helmet. In the last year, this type of hat has become very popular among the Asian community.

Moments after taking the photo, the Hispanic lady next to them asked the man where she could buy a Stormtrooper helmet.

The gravitas of the moment struck me almost instantly, as I realized I was witnessing the crossing over of one cultural phenomena into another culture. It was a momentous occasion in history. I feel unworthy, but duty bound, to record this event for posterity.








My world was rocked again as I was disembarking my "it's a small world" boat.
I believe this is the first recorded photo of white people wearing the Blast Shield hat.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

truly one of your best posts.

Praisy said...

Hahahahahah stinkin hilarious Mike!! I'm gonna go out and buy those blast shields for ALL my friends this Christmas! :)